"Spring on Blackhawk"
© Donna Pierce-Clark
This is a studio piece.
Typically, I have a little bit more time
to put into a painting that is done in the studio setting.
Below, you can see "Spring on Blackhawk"
only 3/4 of the way finished.
The bottom 4th area of Spring on Blackhawk
was done with a completely different set of colors.
- Foregrounds and Backgrounds differ.
- The background is done in more muted, specifically chosen pigments.
- To accomplish the effects I desire, I have quite a few colors on my palette!
- There are background and there are foreground colors.
- But, using them properly has taken many years of personal study and a few workshops along the way.
- There are many color-combinations within each of these two groups!
If you love landscape [plein-air or studio] painting and you want to do it with expertise, please see my workshop schedule. Currently, my studio is open on Thursday mornings, from 9 - 12. We are concentrating on landscapes, fun, and color theory.