Skip to main content

Amish Pond Reflections_2.5 x 3.5_OIL_Landscape

Plein Air Joys
AMISH POND REFLECTIONS 
© Donna Pierce-Clark
~
Our family vacation in Amish Country, Ohio,
was so relaxing. All 10 of us needed the rest.
Time seemed to move as slowly as an amish buggy.
On our way to early morning breakfast in Sugarcreek, I 
snapped this photo. It was foggy and crispy cool.
Such a beautiful morning.
~
In the afternoon, we all trekked down a steep path
to the cabin pond area to fish and to paint.
~
There are multiple paths on this 25 acre retreat,
and our family loves to hike!
~
Matt and Julie had a nice fire going, on this slightly chilly day.
 Maddie and I were happy to warm our icy, "painting fingertips" over the fire.
~
The blue gill were prolific
and the fishermen (and women)
of the group, were pulling them in, one after the other!
~
Up the hill, we hiked, and 
as, Brian grilled the catch for dinner;
~
we all warmed ourselves around the cabin fire.
~
While others played games.
All in all, we had a grand and restful respite from the roofing and studio re-do.
We hope you'll come to the OPEN STUDIO
to see all of our hard work,
lots of paintings,
 and 
enjoy LizzyT's fine cuisine!








Comments

  1. My childhood scene, the beauty of nature sustains us.

    Kathy Schopmeyer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your ideas, thoughts, and reactions! Please leave your comment here.

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Waterfall, 5 x 5 pen and ink, landscape

Liquid Visions - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Alcohol Inks on Yupo January 31, 2014 Evening Waterfall © Donna Pierce-Clark ~ Evening Waterfall, because of the metallics used, was a bit difficult to photograph. The owner of this one will have a hard time deciding the best lighting  and where to hang it because in different angles, Evening Waterfall has varied and beautiful presentations! ~ The whole 30 in 30 all in one place........ VOTE!  Which one did you like the best?
Beach Walk, Half Moon Bay 36 x 60" Oil on Canvas ~ Truly, this one is magnificient!  I've never been so pleased with any of my paintings as I am with this one!  Please come see this in person at  Vessels, Vistas, & Visions   ~ Reception:  10/9/2016  2:00 - 4:00 pm ~ Troy Hayner Cultural Center 301 West Main Street Troy, Ohio 45373 The dates for the exhibit are:   10/7/2016 - 11/27/2016

Touch of Pink, 5 x 7 oil, still life

Touch of Pink © Donna Pierce-Clark ~ Stages of Touch of Pink ~ First the drawing.....    ~ Then, the initial paint-in, just shapes and colors. ~ Then highlights and sparkles and dots! ~ On to the large easel........ ~ ~ Above is my large studio easel, on which I have started a 24" x 36" canvas in oils. We traveled to Rainbow Bridge on a river cruise several years ago and this canvas was actually begun soon after that trip. I think this poor canvas has been neglected for at least 3 years!  I am so happy to be back to this painting.  Below, you can see a few later stages of development and the photo reference on the computer monitor, from which I paint.  Ideally, I would prefer to be painting on location;  but, I'm happy to use the computer monitor for now. ~ To the left of the easel, I also have a still life table. If I am doing a large still life, I'll use this set up and the larger easel. At this time, howev