Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Just You & Me, Babe_10 x 8 inch Oil, Still Life

Just You & Me, Babe © Donna PierceClark
~
This was just a little challenge to myself, an exercise in opposites:  reds, pinks and greens.
I like challenging myself to do glass and reflected objects as well.
This one was fun to do the green dots on the pink fabric as seen through the green glassware.
~
Below are a few steps along the way
My first challenge to myself was to get the drawing just right.

 ~
The second challenge was to mix and apply just one color at a time.
One color, then one stroke.
Then, on to another area of the painting.
One color, then one stroke.



~

~
Once a few local colors were established, the next step was to
start finding and applying "mixes" of the two complimentary colors:
reds and greens. Then, I started a bit of blending.
~
You can click on any of these photos and make them much larger, so you can see details!
Have fun!







2 comments:

  1. What an amazing talent you have my friend!

    Love it, you.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your ideas, thoughts, and reactions! Please leave your comment here.